Starting therapy is actually a pretty easy process. I hope this guide makes it even easier as you prepare for your first session. I’ve included downloadable forms, directions, contact information and a checklist of what you’ll need to do and bring.
- Download and complete the “Intake” and “HIPAA” forms on this page. The intake form is rather short and self explanatory. The HIPAA form is longer and only requires a signature and date on the last page.
- Get driving directions below – please arrive at least 10 minutes prior to your appointment.
firstname.lastname@example.org 2231 Camino del Rio South Suite 308 San Diego, CA 92108
- Wouldn’t hurt to take my phone number along in case you make a wrong turn, are running late, etc. I always check my messages between clients when I’m expecting someone new.
- Once at the building, have a seat in the waiting room in suite 308. There’s a little kitchenette in the waiting room area and feel free to get some cold water or hot tea.
- I’ll be out at our appointment time to bring you to my office where we can begin. Just remember the pressure is not on you. The first session I like to get a general overview of your struggles and goals. Again, there is no pressure and if you’re on the quiet side, I’ll have plenty of questions.
- The standard session is 50 minutes in length.
- Payment can be made before or at the end of session by cash, check or credit/debit card.